1 Onion, Medium, diced
1 Bunch of Swiss Chard, rainbow, red, or white. Rainbow looks prettier though! Stems separated from leaves, cut stems into 1 inch pieces
3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 Quart Shittake Mushrooms, sliced
1 Kojinut Squash or Butternut Squash 1-2 lbs (can be found at Wegmans & Trader Joe’s), diced into 1/2″ pieces, peeled if it’s butternut squash
3/4 Cup Chicken or Vegetable Stock
Salt & Pepper
2 TBSP Olive Oil
- Heat up oil in large rondeau, sauté pan, or pot (I used the largest pan I could find to be able to sauté ingredients).
- Once the oil is sizzling, add your onions and Swiss chard stems and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add in mushrooms and garlic until aromatic, then deglaze the pan with the stock, and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the stock is added, start sautéing the squash and cover with a lid. This will allow the squash to cook. This should take about 10 minutes.
- To finish, uncover the pan and add the Swiss chard leaves until they are wilted, finish seasoning to taste and allow the stock to reduce. The dish will be finished once the squash is fork tender. Serve with the protein of your choice!
If you make this dish tag me @robbiebramanhealth on Facebook or Instagram so I can show off your work and share how delicious this meal is with others. Also, if you haven’t already signed up for my newsletter, you can receive more recipes like this one every week! Plus you’ll learn about my cooking classes where you can cook right along with me and get some great health advice. Sign up below.